Artificial intelligence - what it is, when it's coming, and what it can do for us.
June 5, 2015
Hello and welcome to Terrifying Robot Dog! Episode 9 for Friday, June 5, 2015. I'm Jonathan Stark - and I'm Kelli Shaver - and we are here to talk about how technology is changing the way we interact with the world.
This week! We talk about artificial intelligence - what it is, when it's coming, and what it can do for us.
Please stay tuned, Terrifying Robot Dog is next...
- Robots and AI are not the same thing
- Robots are a computer peripheral
- DARPA Robot Challenge
- The Nitch Podcast
- Ex Machina
- Blade Runner
- Clone Wars
- Daemon by Daniel Suarez
- Ender's Game
- Don’t let AI take our jobs (or kill us)
- Bill Gates on dangers of artificial intelligence
- Elon Musk Donates $10M to Keep AI From Turning Evil
- Bill Gates joins Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking in saying artificial intelligence is scary
- Elon Musk: artificial intelligence is our biggest existential threat
- Machine-Learning Maestro Michael Jordan on the Delusions of Big Data and Other Huge Engineering Efforts
- Triangulation 146: Jeff Hawkins
- Grey goo
- Three Laws of Robotics
- Google I/O 2015
- When Ideas Have Sex
- Amazon Echo
- Any Of Those Stars
- Raws of Lobotics
- A Virus Called Humans
- A Bug With A Machine Gun
- Robot Nanny
- Hot Robots
That's our show for this week. I'm Jonathan Stark - and I'm Kelli Shaver - and we hope you join us again next week for Terrifying Robot Dog.
Would you'd like to support TRD? Just think of two friends who would dig the show and send them to terrifyingrobotdog.com for links to iTunes, Facebook, and rss feeds. If you don't have two friends, you can still help us out by leaving a nice review in iTunes. Thanks!