Smarthomes: why anyone might want such a thing and how we might get from where we are to where they be.
Setting The Whack
May 22, 2015
Hello and welcome to Terrifying Robot Dog! Episode 7 for Friday, May 22, 2015. I'm Jonathan Stark - and I'm Kelli Shaver - and we are here to talk about how technology is changing the way we interact with the world.
This week! We talk about smarthomes: why anyone might want such a thing and how we might get from where we are to where they be.
Please stay tuned, Terrifying Robot Dog is next...
Does the promise of Jetsons even seem that attractive?
- Save money
- Decrease tedious upkeep
- Water heater story
- Smart stores / restaurants / factories will likely come first and prove the model
- Sensors vs actuators
- "Works with Nest" program is interesting
- Kinda like New Relic for your environment
- Membrane computing (exception handling model / requires knowing what "normal" looks like / Jeff Hawkins)
- Conversational computing
- Amazon Echo - always on, hands free computing
- Google Now
- Nest Thermostat
- Simple Human Trash Bags
- Amazon Dash Button
- Dash Replenishment Service
- Amazon Subscribe & Save
- New Relic
- Jeff Hawkins on Membrane Computing
- Amazon X-Ray
- Groped By Robots
- Lizard Homes
- The Smart Part
- Smart Panini
- What Whack Is
- Setting The Whack
- Smart Underpants
That's our show for this week. I'm Jonathan Stark - and I'm Kelli Shaver - and we hope you join us again next week for Terrifying Robot Dog.
Would you'd like to support TRD? I thought so! Just think of two friends who would dig the show and send them to terrifyingrobotdog.com for links to iTunes, Facebook, and rss feeds. If you don't have two friends, you can still help us out by leaving a nice review in iTunes. It would mean a lot to us. Thanks!